Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most frequently reported male medical condition. However, it is not a natural part of getting older, both because it could be the sign of some other health issue (such as the clogging of blood vessels or nerve damage) and because this condition could significantly compromise man and his partner’s quality of life and wellbeing.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is the chronic inability to achieve or sustain erection.
Its symptoms include do not being able to get an erection every time that it is desired (if not at any time) and do not having erection lasting long enough for a sexual intercourse.
Erectile dysfunction prevalence
ED prevalence varies across age group: 35% ca of men aged 60 and 50% ca of men older than 70 is affected by this condition. In the presence of some other disease, ED prevalence estimates are higher. In men with chronic kidney disease, for example, they can reach 75%.
Beside age, unhealthy living increases the risk of erectile dysfunction. Among lifestyle-associated ED risk factors are cigarette smoke, lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating, drinking too much alcohol and the use of illegal drugs.
However, this condition has to be considered the result of a complex interplay between psychological factors (such as stress, anxiety, depression, fear of sexual failure, low self-esteem, and relationship problems) and physiological factors (among which are cardiovascular problems, type 2 diabetes, chronic kidney disease, obesity, surgery and injuries). Moreover, several common medications (such as antidepressants, tranquilizers, blood pressure medications, antiandrogens, appetite suppressant, and ulcer medications) can promote erection issues.
AndroSkill: the stem cell-based solution for erectile dysfunction
AndroSkill, Bioscience Institute’s solution for ED, is an innovative therapy based on the intracavernosal injection of stem cells obtained via expansion of cells extracted from patient’s own fat.
The small volume (20cc) of fat required for stem cell extraction is collected during a quick and painless outpatient procedure. Stem cell extraction and expansion is performed at Bioscience Laboratories within 12 days, after which cells that are not immediately utilized can be frozen for future treatment.
Injected stem cells can exert neuroregenerative and immunomodulating effects, decreasing inflammation and promoting healing. Clinical studies pointed out significant improvements in erectile function.
Finally, safety and efficacy of adipose stem cell-based therapy were plenty demonstrated. Adipose-derived stem cells are minimally immunogenic per se. Moreover, the use of autologous stem cells (that is, cells obtained from patient’s own fat) mitigate any immunogenic concerns.
How to request AndroSkill
To request Androskill, or for more informations about the procedure, please contact Bioscience at +971 (0)4 375 7220, or visit the androskill.com website and fill out the online form.
– Allen MS and Walter EE. Erectile Dysfunction: An Umbrella Review of Meta-Analyses of Risk-Factors, Treatment, and Prevalence Outcomes. J Sex Med. 2019 Apr;16(4):531-541. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2019.01.314
– Gur S et al. Advances in stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2018 Nov;18(11):1137-1150. doi: 10.1080/14712598.2018.1534955
– Krzastek SC et al. Recent advances in the understanding and management of erectile dysfunction. F1000Res. 2019 Jan 25;8. pii: F1000 Faculty Rev-102. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.16576.1
– Levy JA, et al. Effects of Stem Cell Treatment in Human Patients With Peyronie Disease. J Am Osteopath Assoc, 2015. 115(10): p. e8-13. doi: 10.7556/jaoa.2015.124
– Matz EL et al. Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction. Sex Med Rev. 2019 Apr;7(2):321-328. doi: 10.1016/j.sxmr.2017.12.008