Helixbalance by the Bioscience Institute is a dietary supplement that aims to protect DNA and other cell structures from oxidative stress damage through the antioxidant properties of its constituents.
Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress (1). Each capsule of Helixbalance contains a dose of vitamin E corresponding to 100% of the nutritional reference values (NRV), equal to 12 mg (2).
Numerous scientific studies have also associated antioxidant properties with Resveratrol, a natural polyphenol that can also promote anti-inflammatory and antitumorigenic effects (3). Resveratrol has been associated with the epigenetic regulation of tumor suppressor genes (4).
Rhubarb extract is added to support the action of resveratrol by virtue of the content of emodin, an anthraquinone in turn associated with the epigenetic regulation of genes involved in the development of tumors (4,5). The dosage has been optimized to avoid the effects deriving from the laxative activity of the plant.
Ingredients: Resveratrol (Polygonum cuspidatum root es 98%), bulking agent: Acacia gum; vegetable capsule (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Rhubarb (Rheum palmatum L. et Rheum officinale Baill.) root (5% total hydroxyanthracenic derivatives expressed as reine), pregelatinised Corn starch, D-alpha Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E of natural origin), anti-caking agent: Glycerol beenate.
How to use: take 1 capsule twice a day.
Warnings: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Store out of the reach of children under three years of age. Supplements are not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not administer to those under the age of 12. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant and breastfeeding. Do not use for prolonged periods without consulting your doctor.
Store in a cool and dry place
Pack of 30 vegetable capsules
Net content 14.85 g
Distributed by Bioscience Institute SpA – Via Rovereta, 42 – 47891 Falciano (RSM)
Produced in the Urbino plant, Via i Maggetti 14, loc. Sasso
1. EU register of nutrition and health claims made on foods. ec.europa.eu. 16/05/19
2. Regulation (EU) 1169/2011. Annex XIII
3. Ramírez-Garza SL et al. Health Effects of Resveratrol: Results from Human Intervention Trials. Nutrients 2018, 10 (12), 1892. doi: 10.3390/nu10121892
4. Dammann RH et al. Impact of Natural Compounds on DNA Methylation Levels of the Tumor Suppressor Gene RASSF1A in Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Oct 17; 18 (10). pii: E2160. doi: 10.3390/ijms18102160
5. Cha TL et al. Emodin modulates epigenetic modifications and suppresses bladder carcinoma cell growth. Mol Carcinog. 2015 Mar; 54 (3): 16777. doi: 10.1002/mc. 22084