Cytobalance by the Bioscience Institute is a food supplement that aims to fight inflammation by providing proteolytic enzymes and natural extracts with anti-inflammatory properties and promoting the proper functioning of the immune system as a result of the presence of vitamin C.
Serrazimes® is a system of proteolytic enzymes used for anti-inflammatory purposes and for support to the activity of the immune system (1).
CAVAMAX® W8 Curcumin is a food-grade turmeric and gamma-cyclodextrin-based inclusion complex (2). Curcumin is considered to be a natural anti-inflammatory (3); moreover, it is recognized as having antioxidant properties (4,5). If taken orally, its bioavailability is very low; however, preclinical studies show that curcumin combined with cyclodextrins is much more bioavailable (2).
Anti-inflammatory properties are also attributed to Saffron. This natural anti-inflammatory has been associated with the reduction of cytokine levels such as interleukins 6, 12 and 17A (6).
Acerola, a source of vitamin C, is an antioxidant and promotes the organism’s natural defenses (5). Vitamin C contributes to the normal immune system functioning, to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant (7). Cytobalance contains a dose of vitamin C corresponding to 100% of the nutritional reference values (NRV), equal to 80 mg (8).
Ingredients: CAVACURMIN® Curcumin Complex 15% curcuminoids (Curcuma longa L. rhizome combined with gamma-cyclodextrin CAVAMAX® W8), bulking agent: Microcrystalline cellulose, Acerola (Malpighia glabra L.) fruit (34% ascorbic acid of natural origin ), DRcaps ™ gastro-protected vegetable capsule (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Gellan gum), Serrazimes® enzyme complex from vegetable substrates fermented with Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus melleus (Protease), sweetener: Mannitol; Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) e.g. stigmas (2% safranal), anti-caking agents: Magnesium oxide, Magnesium carbonate, glycerol beenate, micronized colloidal silica.
Serrazimes® is a registered trademark of Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes
How to use: take 1 capsule twice a day, between meals.
Warnings: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Store out of the reach of children under three years of age. Supplements are not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. The use of turmeric-based supplements is not recommended for subjects with impaired hepato-biliary function or with gallstones. In case of concomitant drug intake, it is good to seek the advice of the doctor.
Pack of 30 DRcaps ™ gastro-protected vegetarian capsules
Net content 17.55 g
Distributed by the Bioscience Institute SpA – Via Rovereta, 42 – 47891 Falciano (RSM)
Produced in the Urbino plant, Via i Maggetti 14 – loc. Sasso
3. Fadus MC et al. Curcumin: An age-old anti-inflammatory and anti-neoplastic agent. J Tradit Complement Med. 2016 Sep 9; 7 (3): 339-346. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcme.2016.08.002
4. Menon VP and Sudheer AR. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 595: 105-25. doi: 10.1007/9780-387-46401-5_3
5. Ministry of Health. Attachment 1 to the Ministerial Decree of 10 August 2018 on the regulation of the use of plant substances and preparations in food supplements as updated with the Decree of 9 January 2019 and ministerial guidelines of reference for physiological effects
6. Zeinaliorcid M et al. Immunoregulatory and anti-inflammatory properties of Crocus sativus (Saffron) and its main active constituents: A review. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2019 Apr; 22 (4): 334-344. doi: 10.22038/IJBMS.2019.34365.8158
7. EU register of nutrition and health claims made on foods. ec.europa.eu. 16/05/19
8. Regulation (EU) 1169/2011. Annex XIII